Monday, May 30, 2016

Tutorial Reflection

Looking back to the two projects I did, I really learn a lot from trying a new type of making, more specifically, crafting. The way to learn from experienced stuffs and classmates, to keep trying, to learn from mistakes is rewarding, both for my architectural study and for the future tasks I may go through.


For the first project, I am really new to metal shaping even I have done the training session. Fo most of the time I was confusing about what I should do with the tools and the aluminium sheet, but it is always about trying again and again for the first time. However for the second attempt I am more confident with the help of my peers and kind workshop stuffs. The second object is lighting, which is very discipline specific as it is a basic element when considering interior design, from the shape I understand how a complex geometry in everyday life is formed. Recording the process of making is helpful as well, as I get to review what happens every hammer and gain insight into a better way of treating the metal skin. 

All in all, I am lucky I get into this course and try something I never imagine I could do.

No comments:

Post a Comment