Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Project 2.4. Reflection

4.Reflection


This time, I choose to make a round shape because I want to better understand the aluminium sheet’s property, how it curves, bends, how it smooths after I hit its surface uneven. Compared to my previous shape, the uhu glue, Zhu’s template is more complete shape for me to learn about metal shaping. I gained skills of making aluminium skins and using the different workshop tools, which is helpful for my following architectural study.

Also it’s a good chance for me to know how an object is designed by studying the geometry of the shape of different parts of the object. It is really a new thing to me as I rarely get to know how an object in our everyday life is handcrafted, and by making mistakes and numerous attempt I eventually come to a satisfying shape, which is definitely sense of accomplishment. It provides me insights into observing, thinking and dealing with new challenges.


Overall, I am happy with this assignment and enjoy working with hammers and learning from others in the workshop, I develope a different understanding about digital making and materials we are dealing with. I am glad that I have this opportunity to be in this course.



No comments:

Post a Comment