Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Project 2.2. Making and Shaping Progress


2. Making and Shaping Progress




I start with a round aluminium sheet and mark the centre of the circle.



Then I use the spherical tool to make a halfsphere as a base. Use the hammer to make the round sheet adhere to the spherical tool.







 Here gets the halfsphere, make sure that it is round enough as I am going to make the contours base on this shape.




After measuring the distance of each contour line on the template, I draw the circles that would help me in the next steps.


These are the hammers I am going to use.



In this phrase I use the timber block to help me shape the edges.



My first attempt does not work really well. I try a few more time s hitting it to get a better and clearer edge.





Then I change the tool into another one with a shaper corner, so that the contours are much more obvious.



I hit the shape too hard, and I try to smooth the edge and adjust the distance between the contours.






When I get a better shape, I start to make it look good base on the outline of the lighting top. This time I use the pie tool, cone tool and a smaller hammer.






When I get a satisfying shape I use the methylated spirits to clear the marks on the skin. Make adjustment if needed.





Finally I cut the rough parts off and sand the edge of the skin, It looks much better and comes to what I expected to be.



No comments:

Post a Comment